develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2001

Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
November 3, 2001 05:37
Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")
Message ID:
20011103133710.664.10@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Paul Johnson <paul@pjcj.net> writes:
>On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:44:20PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
>> They're just two levels of deletion which we find handy.  It allows
>> one to cram FOUR meanings into an individual hash value:
>>
>>     1) There is a true value here
>>     2) There is a false value here
>>     3) There is an undefined value here
>>     4) There is no value here
>
>Why stop at four?  VHDL has a nine valued logic type.  How are we going
>to properly describe hardware without it?

Coincidentally ;-)
The class(es) I have that would be ideally suited to the
non-deletable form of restricted hashes are part of my hardware
describing package.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/