develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2001

Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
November 2, 2001 12:49
Re: restricted hashes, and other readonlyness (was "clamp...")
Message ID:
20011102214911.C1194@pjcj.net
On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:44:20PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> They're just two levels of deletion which we find handy.  It allows
> one to cram FOUR meanings into an individual hash value:
>
>     1) There is a true value here
>     2) There is a false value here
>     3) There is an undefined value here
>     4) There is no value here

Why stop at four?  VHDL has a nine valued logic type.  How are we going
to properly describe hardware without it?

:)

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net