develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Extra MakeMaker noise in lib/ExtUtils/Embed.t @12791

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
October 31, 2001 09:59
Subject:
Extra MakeMaker noise in lib/ExtUtils/Embed.t @12791
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.4.10.10110311254560.10222-100000@maxwell.phys.lafayette.edu
I saw this crawl by today whilst waiting for the tests to finish, and I'm
not sure what to make of it.

.../lib/ExtUtils/Embed....Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lperl
ok

If I'm trying to embed perl, being unable to find -lperl may well not be
harmless :-)  On the other hand, since I haven't installed perl yet,
I wouldn't expect MakeMaker to find -lperl in my installation
directory.  Still, the test managed to finish 'ok' somehow.

At a minimum, that noise shouldn't show up in the test output.  At a
deeper level, I'd appreciate someone more familiar with the test verifying
that the test is truly testing what it thinks it's testing. (e.g. why is
it looking for -lperl if it isn't going to use it, for example.)

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics