develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 30, 2001 11:18
Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou
Message ID:
20011030211735.L32699@alpha.hut.fi
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 07:03:41PM +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
> Arthur Bergman <arthur@contiller.se> writes:
> >
> >> So we have the semantics defined for the existing SvREADONLY bit,
> >> we allow HE/Nullsv for allowed-but-not-existing.
> >> (I assume that delete $hash{'foo'} for a %hash with SvREADONLY
> >> leaves the HE and sets its SV * to Nullsv as proposed.)
> >>

> >Or we add this to the core. It would be a rather small addition.
>
> I am would be quite happy if patches to implement above were applied.
> I will even add it to my todo queue if noone else gets there first.

You are 'it' :-)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen