develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
October 30, 2001 11:06
Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou
Message ID:
20011030190501.669.1@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Arthur Bergman <arthur@contiller.se> writes:

>> So we have the semantics defined for the existing SvREADONLY bit,
>> we allow HE/Nullsv for allowed-but-not-existing.
>> (I assume that delete $hash{'foo'} for a %hash with SvREADONLY
>> leaves the HE and sets its SV * to Nullsv as proposed.)
>>

>Or we add this to the core. It would be a rather small addition.

I am would be quite happy if patches to implement above were applied.
I will even add it to my todo queue if noone else gets there first.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/