develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 30, 2001 08:33
Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou
Message ID:
20011030163212.F7259@plum.flirble.org
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:21:34PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:11:27PM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > I think the basic idea of the functionality is okay
>
> I still think this doesn't belong in core.

Yes I am being lazy for not grokking the archives in attempt to find a
summary of your reasoning why, so I'll ask

1: why don't you think this belongs in the core?
2: do you mean that all the interface doesn't belong in the core, or do
   you also mean that the core hooks needed to do this not-as-a-tied-hash
   are bad?
3: have we had enough apocalypses yet to see how perl6 might do the same thing?

Nicholas Clark