develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 30, 2001 08:29
Re: Clamp, wherefor art thou
Message ID:
20011030182947.Z32653@alpha.hut.fi
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:21:34PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:11:27PM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > I think the basic idea of the functionality is okay
>
> I still think this doesn't belong in core.

Well, that depends on where you want to draw the "core line".
How much help are we willing to give to the XS people?

For example, weak references are in the core, even though core itself
doesn't use them.

Maybe instead of directly diddling with the HV definition and code
we could solve this one by supplying the right hooks for XS writers
to hang on to?

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen