develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

[damian@mail.csse.monash.edu.au: RE: attributes are broken]

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 28, 2001 07:22
Subject:
[damian@mail.csse.monash.edu.au: RE: attributes are broken]
Message ID:
20011028172219.I9325@alpha.hut.fi
----- Forwarded message from Damian Conway <damian@mail.csse.monash.edu.au> -----

Subject: RE: attributes are broken
From: Damian Conway <damian@mail.csse.monash.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:37:52 +1000 (EST)
To: ams@wiw.org, Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>, damian@conway.org,
        Arthur
    Bergman <arthur@contiller.se>

Arthur wrote:

   > >    > Should this new module be included in the CORE?
   > >
   > > I think not. Or rather, the semantics of attributes it will prototype
   > > probably *should* be in the core, but -- like Switch -- it will really
   > > only be a filter-based mock-up of what I would really like to see.
   >
   > Then perhaps you could write down what you want to accomplish and
   > we can discuss it and implement it. I have CCed ams since he has
   > expressed himself willing to help fix the issues.

Well, after major delays for ill-health, hardware downtime, and trying
to sell our house, I finally have a beta of that new module that
demonstrates how I'd like attributes to work.

It's called Attribute::Handlers::Prospective.

   > >    > Would it be possible to get a copy of the module before it
   > >    > is released to try it out?
   > >
   > > Yes. As soon as I get the chance to write it ;-)

And it's now at:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/CPAN/Attribute-Handlers-Prospective.tar.gz

   > Perhaps we should just implment it directly into the core?

I'd love to see that.

Damian

----- End forwarded message -----

--