develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Could Term::Cap go to CPAN ?

From:
Jonathan Stowe
Date:
October 28, 2001 04:49
Could Term::Cap go to CPAN ?
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.33.0110281236080.8204-100000@orpheus.gellyfish.com
I don't think Term::Cap has ever been on CPAN and thats fine because it
appears not to have changed since it has been in the distribution -
however it was changed in  11808, 10208, 12385 and a test added in  12283.
Now normally I would say that this wouldn't matter but I discovered that
the module Term::Screen on CPAN supplies a patch for Term::Cap for
something that was fixed in one of the above changes - this obviously
doesnt work well with a CPAN install ;-}

So I was wondering if there would be any objection to me taking the latest
Term::Cap and packaging it for CPAN and becoming responsible for keeping
it up to date with the version that is in the distribution: that way I can
persuade the author of Term::Screen to remove the patch (and provide a
Makefile.PL ;) or do it myself.

Term::Screen ? I hear you ask - I only noticed this because someone asked
about it on usenet and wondered why it didnt install properly ...

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                      |
<http://www.gellyfish.com>          |      This space for rent