develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: MacOS X.1 build w/some problems

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
October 26, 2001 14:58
Re: MacOS X.1 build w/some problems
Message ID:
20011026175833.C767@blackrider
On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 12:46:27AM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > the segfaults.  I ran a default config and only had problems with
> > POSIX and DB_File.  Details are currently on my HFS parition.
>
> > Are you thinking of ulimit?  I already set ulimit -c to unlimited.
>
> The command depends on your shell, the default shell being tcsh.
> (Yuk.)

I got myself bash, ASAP.

Use fink.  It's dpkg, apt, etc... for OS X.  fink.sourceforge.net.
Makes me almost want to trash my Linux partitions. (almost)

> > PS Know how to get at ext2 from OS X?  I've got sort of a chicken/egg
>
> ext2 on OS X?  Ummmm....why? :-)

I still run both.  Not ready to switch whole-hog to OS X until PCMCIA
works on my Oldworld Powerbook.

> There's http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus
> but it's unhelpfully empty.

I have stuff to read HFS+ from Linux, but it's clunky and unreliable.

> > problem here with Linux not being able to write to HFS+ and OS X not
>
> Chances are HFS+ is rather proprietary.

Darwin can read it, no?

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
flatulent no more,