develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: MacOS X.1 build w/some problems

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 26, 2001 14:46
Re: MacOS X.1 build w/some problems
Message ID:
20011027004627.Y11042@alpha.hut.fi
> > I think something else, too, has a personal vendetta against you since
> > I have less problems with blead in Mac OS X 10.1..
>
> It's either perl's malloc or the 64 bit ints (or both) that's causing

Okay.  I'll try twiddling those.

> the segfaults.  I ran a default config and only had problems with
> POSIX and DB_File.  Details are currently on my HFS parition.

> Are you thinking of ulimit?  I already set ulimit -c to unlimited.

The command depends on your shell, the default shell being tcsh.
(Yuk.)

> PS Know how to get at ext2 from OS X?  I've got sort of a chicken/egg

ext2 on OS X?  Ummmm....why? :-)

There's http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus
but it's unhelpfully empty.

> problem here with Linux not being able to write to HFS+ and OS X not

Chances are HFS+ is rather proprietary.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen