develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

Re: Bug with modulo operator and negative operands

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 24, 2001 09:45
Re: Bug with modulo operator and negative operands
Message ID:
20011024174547.A66471@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 05:28:12PM +0100, Mike Guy wrote:
> Since there's no bug, a patch would be most inappropriate.   Unless
> different results from the above are obtained in the 64-bit case.
> But that would be caught by the regression tests.

Obviously :-)
[In that TODO: Write regression test for:
./perl -le 'print 2**64 % 2**64'
Illegal modulus zero at -e line 1.

vanilla 5.7.0, FreeBSD, use64bitint=define

seems to pass now on 5.7.2.++  with recent arithmetic changes
Confused. I thought it was still failing on recent bleadperl 64bit on FreeBSD
]

Nicholas Clark