develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2001

Re: [perlhelp] some notes on windows problems

From:
Jonathan Stowe
Date:
September 29, 2001 11:06
Re: [perlhelp] some notes on windows problems
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.33.0109291901220.18586-100000@orpheus.gellyfish.com
On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 04:02:09PM +0100, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> > For binary distributions (which is probably the majority of installations
> > on Win32) this isnt so much of a problem.  I havent looked at the module
> > in question so I dont know what it does but if it doesnt do it already
> > then Pod::RTF could be used and thence the help file compiler which is
> > almost certainly available in most native Win32 compiler kits we support
>
> I have a funny feeling Microsoft isn't going to be pleased with us
> freely redistributing parts of Visual Studio.

The help compiler is part of the Platform SDK - if you are doing a native
compile for Win32 you should have that already - of course it would be
nice if we could redistribute those parts but I dont think it is necessary

As I said before most of the installations of Perl on Win32 are binary
anyhow so redistributing the stuff to make the help files wouldnt be a
problem there.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                      |