develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2001

Re: [perlhelp] some notes on windows problems

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
September 28, 2001 11:51
Re: [perlhelp] some notes on windows problems
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.4.10.10109281449230.16572-100000@maxwell.phys.lafayette.edu
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 05:17:19PM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > I'm now dimly recalling at least some of what I had to change in old
> > perldoc.bat.  First off, using $$ to generate a reasonably unique
> > tempfilespec doesn't work nicely under MSWin, because:
>
> Anything wrong with File::Temp?

Just that it probably didn't exist at the time in question :-).  But
you're quite right -- that's the correct tool.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics