develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2001

File::Glob issues under MacOS X

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
September 25, 2001 19:11
File::Glob issues under MacOS X
Message ID:
20010925221147.A2023@blackrider
I've built a copy of bleadperl under MacOS X 10.1 here and I'm getting
lots of complaints about File::Glob when running minitest.

op/defins..........Can't locate File/Glob.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../lib) at op/defins.t line 96.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at op/defins.t line 96.
FAILED at test 1

and make bombs out at DynaLoader

        Making DynaLoader (static)
Can't locate File/Glob.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../../lib /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .)BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 70) line 7.
 at ../../lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 540
Warning: No Makefile!

And miniperl seems to need it to get it's globbing done.

$ ./miniperl -wle 'print <*.c>'
Can't locate File/Glob.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

Is MacOS X needing File::Glob a mistake?  Or is it just that it didn't
get built?

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
<purl> Hey, Schwern!  THERE IS A HUGE GAZORGANSPLATTEDFARTMONGERING-
LIGHTENINGBEASTASAURSOPOD BEHIND YOU!  RUN, BEFORE IT GAFLUMMOXES YOUR
INNARDLYBITS!