develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2001

Re: Report /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-current@11794

From:
Arthur Bergman
Date:
September 1, 2001 11:34
Re: Report /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-current@11794
Message ID:
B7B6F6C9.3778%arthur@contiller.se
01-09-01 18.42, skrev Thomas Wegner på wegner_thomas@yahoo.com följande:

I am including p5p.

> Oops, should have read the email more carefully. Sorry. Adding HP-UX to the
> list of these platforms doesn't make sense, of course.
>
> Just two ideas ...
>
> 1. Since Cwd.pm is now an extension module, that may be the reason for the
> problems on HP-UX 10.20 (is a path properly marked as tainted?).

No other test fails. I am not sure.

Another wierd problem is that it only happens under threads!!!

Merijn, do you have time to debug this?

Anyone, any idea what could possibly make the return value of cwd not
tainted under threads on this platform?

> 2. File::Find uses either an internal function is_tainted_pp() or - if
> installed - Scalar::Util::tainted() to check if a scalar (path) is tainted. If
> these functions (most probably Scalar::Util::tainted()) fail on HP-UX 10.20,
> then the two tests in question will also fail.

The tests for Scalar::Util::tainted() do not fail :/

> These are my best guesses. HTH.
>

> Best regards,
>
> --Thomas

I hope we can solve this, otherwise we will have to skip the test and add it
to the documentation.

--
Arthur