Re: XS Problems on AIX

From:
H . Merijn Brand
Date:
Re: XS Problems on AIX
Message ID:
20010831111341.86DE.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Thu 30 Aug 2001 22:43, Tim Jenness <t.jenness@jach.hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to get the lines that are causing the problem? These are
> line numbers in the .c file and not .xs file.
>
> Tim

previous references:
  <20010706153658.BAAF.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl>
  <20010822124325.A7A1.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl>

it's the lines that have type 'char' instead of 'char *' (presuming that's OK)
that get it wrong in the generated C output

I've lost my previous post about this, where I diggied in much further than
the above two messages, but I couldn't find it in typemap

 968: char
      MgTYPE(mg)
              B::MAGIC mg
1008: char
      LvTYPE(sv)
              B::PVLV  sv
1162: char
      IoTYPE
              B::IO    io

This only happens under -DDEBUGGING

AIX is still smoking, but if you want the specific output in B.c for any of
these three, I'll stop it.

--
H.Merijn Brand    Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.7.1 & 628 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,