Re: magic smoke escaping on cygwin/win98

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
Re: magic smoke escaping on cygwin/win98
Message ID:
3B8C2DE6.27247.1D47FE24@localhost
Will Coleda schrieb am 2001-08-27, 21:28:

>(cc'ing porters).
>
>I just tried to smoke cygwin on perl-current (patch 11765), and was
>unable to successfully configure anything: the configure died half way
>through.
>
>Running it by hand (as ./Configure), and accepting the defaults
>everywhere (well, except for the WHOA THERE at the beginning), I see
>that:
>
>After selecting the default [Policy cygwin], I see
>
>:not found
>:not found
>:not found
>
>After selecting the default [n] for build multiplicity, I see:
>
>./xenix: not found
>
>After selecting the default [gcc] for the compiler, I see:
>
>'ry.c:0: malformed option `-D DEBUGGING
>Uh-oh, the C compiler 'gcc' doesn't seem to be working.
>You need to find a working C compiler.
>Either (purchase and) install the C compiler supplied by your OS vendor,
>or for a free C compiler try http://gcc.gnu.org/
>I cannot continue any further, aborting.
>
>$ uname -a
>CYGWIN_98-4.10 TEQUIZA 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i586 unknown
>
>Can anyone supply me with clue?

Seems to me that your cygwin setup isn't correct, maybe the compiler is
corrupted, or you have different versions of cygwin1.dll in your system.

GErrit

--
=^..^=