Re: bleadperl on fire, Win95+4NT

From:
Nikola Knezevic
Date:
Re: bleadperl on fire, Win95+4NT
Message ID:
1096649463.20010827222320@tesla.rcub.bg.ac.yu
>> > K5 W95,AMD K5,Win95,4NT,VC5 SP3: perlio
>> >         ..\lib/warnings.................FAILED tests 382-384

Benjamin> This is more or less standard on Win9X/ME. There are

Agree, many of those test failed on ActivePerl 522.

Benjamin> thinks it does (e.g. link() or flock()). Secondly, and more
Benjamin> importantly, command.com does not support '2>&1' syntax, so
Benjamin> at times almost all of t/lib/warnings.t has failed because
Benjamin> it doesn't actually recieve the warnings - they go out on
Benjamin> STDERR, but the since command.com didn't redirect that to
Benjamin> STDOUT, warnings.t doesn't see them. This is not to say

But you've missed the point here. I'm using 4NT, which is far better
than command.com (which doesn't exists on my system, because it is
replaced with 4DOS). 4NT is set as PERL5SHELL, so perl _should_ call it
when doing exec & system calls. Also, 4NT supports redirection of
numbered handles.

One argument to add is failure of only 3 tests, all other passed,
although all of them are called in the same way.

To build perl (and make smoke reports) I'm using little modified
Merijn's script. One difference is that all output during build and
testing is tee'd to file. This is what I've catched during testing:
----output-begin---
..\lib/warnings.......................PROG: -T
# taint.c
open(FH, "<abc") ;
$a = <FH> ;
close FH ;
chdir $a ;
print "xxx\n" ;
EXPECTED:
Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at - line 5.
GOT:
Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at - line 5.
PROG: -TU
# taint.c
open(FH, "<abc") ;
$a = <FH> ;
close FH ;
chdir $a ;
print "xxx\n" ;
EXPECTED:
xxx
GOT:
xxx
PROG: -TU
# taint.c
open(FH, "<abc") ;
$a = <FH> ;
close FH ;
use warnings 'taint' ;
chdir $a ;
print "xxx\n" ;
no warnings 'taint' ;
chdir $a ;
print "yyy\n" ;
EXPECTED:
Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at - line 6.
xxx
yyy
GOT:
Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at - line 6.
xxx
yyy
FAILED tests 382-384
        Failed 3/438 tests, 99.32% okay
----output-end-----

To enter the mass confusion, I've just ran warnings.t manualy. _There
were no failures_!

Gremlins? Or IO? Or something third?

--

Nikola Knezevic [indy@hemo.net] [ http://users.hemo.net/indy ]