PerlIO_apply_layera

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
August 26, 2001 08:17
Subject:
PerlIO_apply_layera
Message ID:
20010826161714.G4950@plum.flirble.org
PerlIO_apply_layera is defined in a section of perlio.c beyond a comment
/* XS Interface for perl code */
Does this mean it is part of the official API for XS code?
[I'm hoping the answer is yes, as it's nice to talk to the layers system
with true SV* arguments, rather than making and then parsing strings]

If it is, shouldn't it be prototyped in perliol.h?
[Particularly as the IV parameter may be larger than a long, which can
cause a nasty mess. (long long. we love you)]
If it is, should PerlIO_list_alloc PerlIO_list_free and PerlIO_list_push
also be prototyped and in the XS API?

Nicholas Clark