RE: Report /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-current@11726

From:
Paul Marquess
Date:
RE: Report /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-current@11726
Message ID:
AIEAJICLCBDNAAOLLOKLOEJGCNAA.Paul_Marquess@Yahoo.co.uk
From: H.Merijn Brand [mailto:h.m.brand@hccnet.nl]

> On Thu 23 Aug 2001 17:19, Arthur Bergman <arthur@contiller.se> wrote:
> > 01-08-23 17.14, skrev H.M. Brand på merijn@l1.procura.nl följande:
> >
> > > AIX 4.3      stdio/perlio     -DDEBUGGING -Duseperlio -Duse64bitall
> > > -Duselongdouble -Dusethreads -Duseithreads
> > > ext/DB_File/t/db-btree.............FAILED at test 79
> >
> > Should we disable libdb on platforms where 64bitall and
> usethreads break it?
>
> Digging in other stuff I've got no time at the moment, but cannot this be
> solved/caught in DB_File ?

It should indeed.

I'm not clear on how to read the output from the smoke test. Is DB_File
failing in *all* the configuration combinations for AIX 4.3? Also, is test
79 the only test that fails or does the smoke test only report the first
one?

Oh yea, what version of Berkeley DB is running on the AIX box. There are a
few versions of Berkeley DB kicking about that have problems. Here is a
one-liner that should tell you.

    perl -e 'use DB_File; print "Berkeley DB ver $DB_File::db_ver\n"'

Paul