Re: [ID 20010822.001] Freeing pads after parse error

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
Re: [ID 20010822.001] Freeing pads after parse error
Message ID:
200108231443.f7NEhCf24564@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:41:28 +0200, Arthur Bergman wrote:
>01-08-23 13.06, skrev Simon Cozens på simon@netthink.co.uk följande:
>
>> Yes. On error, Perl is unwinding the save stack too many times,
>> meaning that PL_comppad is at the wrong level. This causes Perl
>> to try to free an op from an element of PL_comppad that isn't
>> there any more. Here's a patch.
>
>Applied, thanks.
>
>Possibly to be picked up for 5.6.2?

FWIW, I'm not convinced the patch will do the right thing yet, because
I think there might be cases where the scope stack may be pointing to
things that are expected to have gone out of scope in the outer scopes.
(Can't say much more than that without looking into it deeply, and if
I do that I might even send in a patch.  But don't hold your breath--I'm
as old as a senile dog in this business, and age teaches sloth. :)

I hope you do know that I don't currently plan to put out a 5.6.2
until after 5.8.0 is out?  I'm not positive it won't happen, but
chances are that it won't.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com