Re: The coderef in @INC strikes back

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
Re: The coderef in @INC strikes back
Message ID:
20010823155432.A23375@rafael

On 2001.08.23 15:27:21 +0200 Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Rafael> Do we need the ability to include source code filters via
> Rafael> hooks in @INC ?
>
> Wasn't this to support gzipped @INC hierarchies?  Or does that use a
> different mechanism?  I recall someone saying that they could get
> gzipped @INCs working now that ___ was done.  Was this it?

I had a quick look at ex::lib::zip 0.02 (I assume that's the module
you recall) -- it puts an object in @INC and its INC method returns
undef or a filehandle.

The filter feature I was referring to is when the INC method returns a list
containing a (possibly null) filehandle and a filter subroutine. And that's
actually subtly broken and difficult to use (compared to Filter::Simple).
I don't know if someone actually uses this.

--
Rafael Garcia-Suarez