Re: Request for testing FAQs

From:
Prymmer/Kahn
Date:
Re: Request for testing FAQs
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0108212051490.14510-100000@shell8.ba.best.com

One additional question that has an answer "almost ready for prime
time(tm)" might be:

=head2 How can I make a file system portable copy of most of the perl
regression tests?

http://www.best.com/~pvhp/perl/makeivp.txt

Which has not yet been prepped to be a path in the perl tar ball,
though I was thinking perhaps a Makefile.SH -> Makefile target of
"make.ivp" (in analogy with the "install.html" target that corresponds to
the running of the B<installhtml> program) might be handy.  The big news
is that after running that in a Win32 build tree, typing:

   nmake install
   cd ivp\t
   C:\perl\bin\perl harness

reports only two failed tests: one for lib/Filter/Simple/test.pl and
lib/Math/BigInt/t/bigintpm.t test 1424 (overall 2/409 99.51% okay).

There is also a matter of possibly changing the default behavior of
File::Spec::Mac.pm so as to provide relative specs from catdir() and
catfile() by default.  That issue has been discussed a bit on the
macperl-porters list and there is no consensus at this time.

BTW I don't know when I'll get tuits to provide makeivp as I am currently
looking for a new job.  If anyone wants to glance at:

  http://www.best.com/~pvhp/pvhp_resume.txt

and let me know if there's a position I can fill at your organization I
would appreciate it.  Thank you.

Peter Prymmer