Difference between usethreads, use5005threads

From:
David M. Lloyd
Date:
August 21, 2001 13:16
Subject:
Difference between usethreads, use5005threads
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.33.0108211512580.1027-100000@homebody.freemm.org
What exactly is the difference between usethreads and use5005threads?
What I've been able to gather from the source is that 'usethreads' just
defines things like perl_mutex, but use5005threads actually allows "use
Thread" to function.

Is that even close?

Assuming the above is correct, I am assuming that there is performance
degradation associated with usethreads, am I correct there as well?

Thanks.

- D

<dmlloyd@tds.net>