Re: Backwards compatibility breakage in foreach?

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
Re: Backwards compatibility breakage in foreach?
Message ID:
20010821202546.O7667@pobox.com
On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:18:26PM -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:04:59PM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> > > Yes, but it still remains that backwards compatibility is broken.
> >
> > Yes, but it was discussed at the time and accepted.
>
> Ok, I'll live with it.
>

> > It was also documented.
>
> It was?  Where?  perldelta only talks about improving the scalar
> context of qw().

Hm, I thought it was in the Incompatabilities part of the announcement
at http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/GSAR/perl-5.6.0.announce but it seems
we overlooked that one :)

Graham.