Re: 'can' with undefined subs

From:
Tony Bowden
Date:
Re: 'can' with undefined subs
Message ID:
20010820021341.A32334@blackstar.co.uk
On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 05:33:01PM +0100, Hugo van der Sanden wrote:
> I'd guess comp/decl.t and/or comp/proto.t. Be a bit careful though -
> since comp/* tests appear so early in the test suite, it is preferable
> to avoid using complex code.

I had a look at decl.t, and it confuses me somewhat...

 - is this test explicitly testing formats as well? Or just checking
   that they don't interfere with subroutine declarations?

 - What's the difference between tests 2 and 4? They both seem to just
   be testing that you can call a subroutine that gets declared further
   ahead in the code.

(Oh, and if I patch this, do I need to do anything with the RCS line,
or can I just blow it away?)

Thanks,

Tony
 Tony Bowden | tony@tmtm.com | http://www.tmtm.com/
         the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep