Re: How to redefine sub that has prototypes without warning at runtim e?

From:
Nathan Neulinger
Date:
Re: How to redefine sub that has prototypes without warning at runtim e?
Message ID:
3B7EC2EF.9A40E3F1@umr.edu
> > I wonder if it would be sufficient to put a "no warnings 'redefine'" at
> > the top of the generated files?
>
> Probably, though it would be better to put it in each individual
> declaration in case there are any *real* redefining mistakes.

Unfortunately, in the case of h2ph (what this problem is really about) -
if there are any real redefining mistakes, they are in the underlying
header files for the o/s, and I'd hate to have to fix them first for
this stuff, especially considering it's mostly for backwards
compatability support.

I tested it and it did work ok as a simple fix for h2ph to correct the
problems I was seeing. (Which btw, I saw reported before by others when
I just did a search on the porters mailing list.)

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216