Re: Modules that get passed a bareword?

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: Modules that get passed a bareword?
Message ID:
lry9oibkyx.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
Jeff Okamoto <okamoto@xfiles.corp.hp.com> writes:

> I'm slowly working on some IPv6 stuff, and was trying to figure out if
> I can move connect/bind/accept (at least) out of Perl's core and into
> an XSUB module.

It is unclear to me why you need to change connect/bind/accept at all.
These functions were designed to be transport independent and does not
assume anything about IPv4.  I thought all that was needed was a new
Socket.pm module that formats the address structs differently.  There
is already a Socket6.pm module on CPAN.

Can you explain?  Are there some extra RFC I should read that explains
this extra API you try to set up?

Regards,
Gisle