Modules that get passed a bareword?

From:
Jeff Okamoto
Date:
August 17, 2001 10:41
Subject:
Modules that get passed a bareword?
Message ID:
200108171739.KAA20811@xfiles.corp.hp.com
Hi all,

I'm slowly working on some IPv6 stuff, and was trying to figure out if
I can move connect/bind/accept (at least) out of Perl's core and into
an XSUB module.

My problem at the moment is determining if a bareword filehandle can be
passed into and out of an XSUB.  I don't mean an filehandle stored in a scalar.

In other words, I'd like to be able to do:

	use Socket6;

	socket(SOCK, .....);		# Calls socket in Perl's core
	Socket6::connect(SOCK, ...);	# Call the IPV6 connect

I've looked through the modules shipped with the latest devperl, but
can't seem to find an existing module whose code I can reuse.

If anyone knows of oneon CPAN, or has any suggestions on how to proceed,
please let me know.

Thanks!
Jeff