Tokenizer documented anywhere??

From:
David M. Lloyd
Date:
August 14, 2001 08:17
Subject:
Tokenizer documented anywhere??
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.33.0108141005350.3839-100000@homebody.freemm.org
I don't suppose someone has documented the tokenizer at all, have they?
No?  Didn't think so. :-(

I want to try to add an 'alias' keyword that aliases a variable to another
variable, so you can do this at the top of functions:

sub fooey : method {

    alias ($self, $fooflag) = @_;

    $fooflag = 1;
}

I am having a hard time unwinding the tokenizer though.  For that matter,
I'm having a hard time building the parser after modifying it.  I edited
perly.y and am wondering, is there a special 'make' target to correctly
rebuild it, or do I run byacc and perly.fixer seperately?

If anyone knows of any good docs I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

P.S., I am doing this more as an experiment rather than an actual language
change... maybe I should wait till Perl 6 before I monkey with the parser!

- D

<dmlloyd@tds.net>