[OT] reputations [Was: Re: perlpod and perlpodspec

From:
lvirden
Date:
August 13, 2001 15:24
Subject:
[OT] reputations [Was: Re: perlpod and perlpodspec
Message ID:
20010813101846.97097.qmail@onion.perl.org

According to Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>:
:Whether "print ord 233" on your terminal prints an e-acute, an ess-tsett, a
:gimel, a "tsu" katakana, a double-dagger, or whether it lasers a hole thru
:your monitor's glass, is a whole different problem.

If very many of the codes result in the 'lasers a hole...' option,
perl's reputation as a 'killer' language will have a whole
new meaning...  Perhaps we will see "Perl Programming for Corporal Punishment"
series of books from the "for Dummies" publishers...

"See, he's not just anyone ... he's my son."  Mark Schultz