create pad.c ??

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
August 13, 2001 08:21
Subject:
create pad.c ??
Message ID:
200108131521.QAA00889@gizmo.fdgroup.co.uk
I'm toying with the idea of moving all the scratchpad-related code
to a separate file, pad.c (and pad.h). This would allow most of the
implementation details of a pad to be hidden from the rest of the core,
in something resembling an API. So for example, access the the plethora of
globals associated with pads (Pl_comppad etc etc) could be restricted to this
one file, and the fact that the max cop seq (or is it min?) is stored
in NVX(namesv) wouldn't need to be exposed.

Does anyone think this would be a good or bad (or indifferent) idea?
If good, should I leave it till after 5.8.0 is released?

Dave M.