date/time core modules

From:
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert
Date:
August 10, 2001 10:09
Subject:
date/time core modules
Message ID:
20010810130816.A22372@infotrope.net
I've just gone evange^H^H^H^H^H^Hinviting authors of CPAN modules
dealing with dates and times to join the list, as there is some
discussion there of a co-operative effort to clean up the namespaces and
get some common APIs happening, and I'd like as many module authors as
possible to have the opportunity to be involved (if they want to --
there's no requirement, of course).

Anyway, there are several Time::* modules in the core, and I thought I'd
post here and say: if you're involved in maintaining date/time modules
in the Perl core, and are interested in following these discussions,
please join the datetime list by emailing datetime-subscribe@perl.org

K.