Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"

From:
Jenda Krynicky
Date:
Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"
Message ID:
3B70481E.608.6604DCF@localhost
From:           	Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@ActiveState.com>
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:37:58 CDT, "Tye McQueen" wrote:
> >But I thought that most people using bash under Win32 were also
> >using Cygwin Perl which would not be affected by this.
>
> I was using bash as just one (perhaps poor) example.  The compatibility
> problem is wider than that.  Consider code that calls a script that takes
> a regex as an argument, e.g. C<`search.pl xyz*`>.
>
> Sarathy

What would it do under Unix???
Wouldn't you have to enclose the xyz* to single quotes?
( That's exactly what you have to do if you use G.pm. )

Jenda

== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
: What do people think?
What, do people think?  :-)