Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"

From:
Tye McQueen
Date:
Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"
Message ID:
200108071754.f77HseP07294@metronet.com
Excerpts from the mail message of Gurusamy Sarathy:
)
) On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:51:44 CDT, "Tye McQueen" wrote:
) >And, yes, there should be a way to get non-globbing behavior
) >and it should be much easier than the current (inconvient)
) >methods for getting globbing behavior.  But globbing should
) >be the _default_.
)
) I'm not so sure.  Come to think of it, setting PERL5OPT is also
) somewhat evil (I'm never really comfortable with global effects).
)
) A cleaner way might be to add an option to pl2bat (and whatever
) installer code that sets up file associations etc) that will add
) the -MWild or equivalent.
)
) Yet another way is to supply a gperl.bat or similar perl.exe
) replacement.
)
)
) Sarathy