Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"
Message ID:
200108071718.f77HI5f13269@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:51:44 CDT, "Tye McQueen" wrote:
>And, yes, there should be a way to get non-globbing behavior
>and it should be much easier than the current (inconvient)
>methods for getting globbing behavior.  But globbing should
>be the _default_.

I'm not so sure.  Come to think of it, setting PERL5OPT is also
somewhat evil (I'm never really comfortable with global effects).

A cleaner way might be to add an option to pl2bat (and whatever
installer code that sets up file associations etc) that will add
the -MWild or equivalent.

Yet another way is to supply a gperl.bat or similar perl.exe
replacement.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com