Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
Re: On "Command-line Wildcard Expansion"
Message ID:
200108071701.f77H1tf11625@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:37:58 CDT, "Tye McQueen" wrote:
>But I thought that most people using bash under Win32 were also
>using Cygwin Perl which would not be affected by this.

I was using bash as just one (perhaps poor) example.  The compatibility
problem is wider than that.  Consider code that calls a script that takes
a regex as an argument, e.g. C<`search.pl xyz*`>.

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com