BloatyPerl

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
August 7, 2001 01:28
Subject:
BloatyPerl
Message ID:
3B6FA6B6.A8A93791@sun.com
Perl has noticeably increased in girth between 5.005_03 and 5.6.1 (~5Mb to
~10Mb).  As a result it is now too big to fit on the Solaris miniroot CD.
(it is there in the first place so that people can write JumpStart scripts
in perl).  I therefore need to prune back 5.6.1 by about half.  The obvious
targets are stuff such as the Unicode support, CPAN, ExtUtils and B.  I'm
just wondering what I can get away with removing without causing problems.
Any informed comment would be gratefully received.

--
Alan Burlison