Re: VxWorks, LynxOS, OSE, eCOS, Chorus, ...

From:
Norton Allen
Date:
Re: VxWorks, LynxOS, OSE, eCOS, Chorus, ...
Message ID:
200108061651.MAA21848@bottesini.harvard.edu
Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> ("Unfortunately" one of the most popular embedded platforms, QNX,
>  Neutrino seems to have a good enough development platform so that
>  the latest development releases of Perl seem to build and test just
>  fine without any extra acrobatics...)

The QNX "Realtime Platform" is a distribution including QNX Neutrino
for x86, and is freely available for non-commercial use. QNX Neutrino
actually runs on multiple processor families, including PPC, MIPS,
Super H, "and more." As such, there is still a potential for cross
compilation. "Unfortunately" I don't have any of those other
processors, so I can't be much help in that regard.

  -Norton