Re: MakeMaker should pass through DEFINE and INC to subdirs

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: MakeMaker should pass through DEFINE and INC to subdirs
Message ID:
20010805093408.F7622@chaos.wustl.edu
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 03:45:39PM +0100, Alan Burlison wrote:
> Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
>
> > I am not too bothered by DEFINE. I would not mind if INC passthu only
> > passed through absolute paths.
>
> I've had a play with doing this, and the problem is that pasthru gets called
> even for the top-level makefile, so if you have done something like 'perl
> Makefile.PL INC=../flob', then ../flob will be removed from INC even for the
> topmost Makefile.  I'm sure that also isn't what is required.
>
> However I still can't help but feel that the current behaviour is badly
> broken.

I now reintroduced the patch (#11579) so that we can start working
towards a solution.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen