Re: UTF-8 bugs in string length & single line regex matches

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: UTF-8 bugs in string length & single line regex matches
Message ID:
20010804141306.J16234@chaos.wustl.edu
On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 01:31:33PM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > > The second, in the regex engine, causes '.' to match against
> > > bytes rather than characters when using the /s operator for
> > > the regex match. I thought I had a suitable patch, unfortunately
> > > it merely succeeded in breaking \C instead :-( I've attached
> > > it anyway as it may help someone else develop a proper patch
> > > for this problem. Also attached a script to demo the problem.
> >
> > Will investigate, thanks for the demo script.  (The \C is Evil.)
>
> Try whether #11575 (use http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse)
> works for you.

Further digging around produced the patch #11577.

A propos, these patches may or may not apply cleanly to the 5.7.2
sources, since more patching has been happening nearby: you may want
to subscribe to perl5-porters and wait for the next developer snapshot.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen