Re: UTF-8 bugs in string length & single line regex matches

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: UTF-8 bugs in string length & single line regex matches
Message ID:
20010804133133.H16234@chaos.wustl.edu
> > The second, in the regex engine, causes '.' to match against
> > bytes rather than characters when using the /s operator for
> > the regex match. I thought I had a suitable patch, unfortunately
> > it merely succeeded in breaking \C instead :-( I've attached
> > it anyway as it may help someone else develop a proper patch
> > for this problem. Also attached a script to demo the problem.
>
> Will investigate, thanks for the demo script.  (The \C is Evil.)

Try whether #11575 (use http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse)
works for you.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/