[ID 20010803.032] Getting a bunch of FAILED at test 0 messages

From:
James Pittman
Date:
August 3, 2001 13:47
Subject:
[ID 20010803.032] Getting a bunch of FAILED at test 0 messages
Message ID:
3B6B0DC0.38842ABB@swl.msd.ray.com
Hello,
    I'm trying to install Perl 5.6.0 on a Sun Ultra running Solaris 5.6.  I'm
using the following configure command:

sh Configure -de -Dcc=gcc -Dprefix=/misc/wstr/perl \
  -Dstartperl="#\!/usr/bin/env perl" \
  -Alibs="-lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt -lsec -lthread"

Please see the myconfig_output attachment.

When I run make test, I get a bunch of tests that FAIL at test 0.  (see
results_of_make_test attachment).

When I run those tests individually, they seem to get all the way through the
test, but then they give me a "Segmentation Fault" error.

Could this be related to the type of shell I'm running (C Shell), disk space, or
what?

I desparately need this to work!

Thanks,
James Pittman