Re: [IDEA] Data::Dumper, Storable: use B::Deparse

From:
Casey West
Date:
Re: [IDEA] Data::Dumper, Storable: use B::Deparse
Message ID:
20010803083718.B3772@stupid.geeknest.com
On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:39:29PM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
: Now that we have B::Deparse in rather good shape maybe somebody could
: try implementing an option to Data::Dumper and Storable where B::Deparse
: would be used to turn coderefs into text and stored as such?
:
: Since B::Deparse is not perfect (and things like source filters almost
: guarantee that it never will be perfect) this option should obviously
: be, well, optional: only iff the user knows that her coderefs will correctly
: be serialized by B::Deparse, only then would B::Deparse be used.

I don't have time to play with this again but, here is a tiny jump
start for some aspiring hacker: