[IDEA] Data::Dumper, Storable: use B::Deparse

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
August 2, 2001 16:39
Subject:
[IDEA] Data::Dumper, Storable: use B::Deparse
Message ID:
20010802183929.I20071@chaos.wustl.edu
Now that we have B::Deparse in rather good shape maybe somebody could
try implementing an option to Data::Dumper and Storable where B::Deparse
would be used to turn coderefs into text and stored as such?

Since B::Deparse is not perfect (and things like source filters almost
guarantee that it never will be perfect) this option should obviously
be, well, optional: only iff the user knows that her coderefs will correctly
be serialized by B::Deparse, only then would B::Deparse be used.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen