Re: [ID 20010731.105] MinGW can't compile win32.c on Windows 2000

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: [ID 20010731.105] MinGW can't compile win32.c on Windows 2000
Message ID:
20010802081635.H20071@chaos.wustl.edu
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:03:09AM -0700, John Kristian wrote:
> Yes, I imagine the Perl 5.6.1 code worked with an older version of
> MinGW (although I haven't tried it).  On the other hand, I expect most
> people will use the current version of MinGW.  So, future versions of
> Perl should change to work with the current MinGW.  IMHO.

That is not how Perl is maintained.  We expect to work with several
compilers and their versions simultaneously.  We should nor expect
that users have some particular setup.

(Well, *eventually* and/or sometimes supporting *really* old versions
becomes too much of a chore (or impractical).  But this is certainly
not the case now, we are talking a few months difference here.)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen