Larry Wall's comments on the Artistic License

From:
Adam Theo
Date:
August 2, 2001 04:50
Subject:
Larry Wall's comments on the Artistic License
Message ID:
3B67619C.3E942D00@theoretic.com
Hello, all. I am working on an essay on the Artistic License. It is
meant to be a comprehensive introduction and unbaised analysis of the
license, complete with history, intent and purpose, and issues
surrounding it.

I have been directed by someone from another list to look into Larry
Wall's comments about why he designed the Artistic License, and
specifically why what many consider its legal un-enforceability was
intentional. I was told they were likely archived from this list,
however, I have not found any relevant results from any searches through
the web archive. I was wondering if anyone here could direct me to any
specific past posts? Or just as good, direct me to any other archives of
Larry Walls comments on this matter of intentional 'weakness' for his
license.

Thank you for your time. I will try to keep an eye on the mailing list
for replies, but since this is off-topic, and I may miss it here, feel
free to reply to me directly. The email is the same as in the header,
adamtheo@theoretic.com .