Re: [Help] Salvage the Array Hash Monster.

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
Re: [Help] Salvage the Array Hash Monster.
Message ID:
20010801095901.1751.2@bactrian.ni-s.u-net.com
Ted Ashton <ashted@southern.edu> writes:
>Thus it was written in the epistle of Michael G Schwern,
>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:03:15AM +0200, Arthur Bergman wrote:
>> > tie %data,'myclass',$foo;
>> > tie @data,'myclass',$foo;
>> >
>> > On another note, why can't I get to the value I am being tied to from inside
>> > TIE*, do I realy need to traverse the stack to find that value?
>>
>> You mean getting at %data from inside TIEHASH?  Would be very nice.
>> There's a Perl 6 RFC on that, IIRC.
>
>For the uninitiated, how does tied() differ from what you're wanting?

Tied returns object given the hash, Arthur wants to get the hash given the
object.

my $obj = tie %foo,...;

my $inner = tied %foo;   # gets $obj

--