Re: perl@11523

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: perl@11523
Message ID:
20010731124921.O120@chaos.wustl.edu
You might want to try out the new Configure feature of being able to
specify extra modules to be built and installed.  The modules can be
specified in Configure command line -Dextras="Foo Bar::Zog", or when
run interactively, and they will be fetched and installed by CPAN.pm.

If you haven't configured CPAN.pm yet, you need to do this during
"make".  This is of course not good for non-interactive builds,
but then again, it happens only if (I hope) you have specified
extras to be be built.

Maybe CPAN.pm could be trained to ask less questions, for example
the URL to use can these days rather safely be chosen to be
ftp://ftp.cpan.org/ (or http://www.cpan.org) since those are
round-robined among particating sites (about 40 of them, IIRC).

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen